Dave, our 20+ year club member, led our meeting tonight with a theme about Maui. He is heading to vacation in Maui soon and took the opportunity to share facts and insights he has gathered in preparation for his trip. Have a great time in Maui, Dave!
We did not have a speaker at this meeting and instead Miguel led an extended round of Table Topics. Every attendee got a Table Topic which created a great atmosphere of participation and inclusion in the meeting. Miguel’s questions spanned a range of interesting topics including:
- What is your favorite hidden gem in Seattle?
- Is Valentine’s day cheesy or romantic?
- What is your favorite way to eat chooolate?
- What is your favorite Washington state destination?
- What impractical car would you buy if given the opportunity?
- Would you prefer to visit Alaska or Hawaii?
- What is your perfect utopia?
- What is the most amazing weather you’ve even experienced?
- Choose a previously answered question and answer it
The answer to the question about perfect utopia was particularly entertaining. Erin outlined a backyard utopia complete with a pizza oven which doubles as a hottub which neighbors a loofah garden.
Jamie, one of our newest club members, led our debate with an on-theme topic from recent Hawaiian news about protests related to proposed installation of a large telescope on Mauna Kea.
It was a smaller group with only 9 attendees but it was great to have so much participation in meeting activities. Thank you all for attending!